This week’s package from our Provincial authorities consists of the following:
COVID-19 Info-graphics – See Below
- To improve access to important Public Health information, government has translated common COVID-19 public health and safety measures into Mi’kmaq, Arabic, and Simplified Chinese, and will continue to translate into French. In addition, the province has updated plain language posters to make them more accessible to people with intellectual or cognitive disabilities.
- Attached are the translated social distancing best practices and State of Emergency posters in English, French, Arabic, Simplified Chinese and Mi’kmaq.
- It may be useful to know that there are free online web translation tools and services available on www.novascotia.ca/coronavirus . The tools allow users to translate all or part of the web page content, and/or documents.
Intimate Partner Violence
- The following two new resources on intimate partner violence were recently posted by Western University’s Centre for Research & Education on Violence Against Women & Children
- Intimate Partner Violence in a Pandemic: COVID-19-Related Controlling Behaviours
- 3 Considerations for Supporting Women Experiencing Intimate Partner Violence During the COVID-19 Pandemic
Thank you for your continued support and for all that you do.